hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Lei Chang <chang.lei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Nov 2015 ([ppmc])
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2015 04:24:02 GMT
PMC/Board report for Nov 2015, please feel free to comment.

HAWQ has been incubating since 2015-09-04.

  1. Produce our first Apache Release
  2. Expand the community, increase dev list activity and adding new
     committers/pmc members
  3. Finalize infrastructure Migration

aware of?

  We have only just started the incubation, everything seems to be smooth,
  nothing urgent at this time.

  1. Most of the core contributors/committers have started working on
Apache repository
  2. One Meetup for HAWQ hosted by "Big Data Community" in China.
  3. The community is active with the development of the project. In Oct,
There have been 357 messages on dev@. and 21 messages on user@, compared
with 95 messages in total last month.
  4. Community shows interests to integrate HAWQ with systems in the
ecosystem.

  1. First release has been proposed and targeted in Nov (
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HAWQ/HAWQ+Release+2.0.0-beta-incubating
)
  2. 95 JIRAs filed, 46 open, 30 resolved, 19 closed (Oct 2015)
  3. 58 code commits (Oct 2015)

Date of last release:

  We have not had a release yet.

When were the last committers or PMC members elected?
  No new committers/members from initial.