hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: Propose an Apache HAWQ Release
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2015 04:37:36 GMT
On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 12:45 PM, Ting(Goden) Yao <tyao@pivotal.io> wrote:
> Yes I meant "RC1" , missed typing it in the previous email.

Great! My cursory look at the tag produced the following:
   1. We need to add the DISCLAIMER file
   2.  There are a few things checked into the source tree that
   definitely shouldn't be in the release tarball:
   * anythings that's *.tar.gz
   * anything that's a dependency jar
   * ./depends/libyarn/releng/bin/templates/.core-site-secure-ha.xml.swp
   * ./pxf/gradle/wrapper/gradle-wrapper.jar
   * ./contrib/hawq-hadoop/hawq-mapreduce-tool/lib/*.jar
   * ./src/test/regress/data/pxf/*.class
   * ./src/test/regress/data/pxf/*.class
   * ./tools/bin/ext/yaml/*.pyc

   3. There are a few things that I'd like to understand
   why they are there:
   * ./depends/libyarn/releng/make/dependencies/cacerts

Finally (and somewhat surprisingly) the RAT check turned out
to be pretty alarming. I thought that you guys took care of
the licensing headers some time ago. Am I misremembering?

Anyway, here's how to reproduce and marvel at "5030 Unknown Licenses".

$ java -jar ~/src/apache/rat-0.11/apache-rat-0.11.jar .

Summary
-------
Generated at: 2015-11-23T19:40:00-08:00
Notes: 79
Binaries: 789
Archives: 20
Standards: 5871

Apache Licensed: 825
Generated Documents: 0

JavaDocs are generated and so license header is optional
Generated files do not required license headers

5030 Unknown Licenses