hawq-dev mailing list archives

From "Ting(Goden) Yao" <t...@pivotal.io>
Subject Propose an Apache HAWQ Release
Date Wed, 28 Oct 2015 17:27:04 GMT
As the first step of getting Apache HAWQ ready for its journey towards ASF
family, after some discussion with mentors, I'd like to propose a HAWQ
release in Nov 2015 and volunteer myself as the release manager.

Here's a few details.

   - *Scope / Release Criteria*: Clear all potential IP issues in the
   current code base and make it legally ready to be adopted by the community.
   - *Release Type*: Source code only, no binaries, but we'll make sure the
   infrastructure is good to compile a build.
   - *Release Version*: "2.0.0.0-beta-incubating"
   - *Commit SHA*: TBD, depends on the IP cleanup and attribution work

The process would be
 1. get the feedback from the community on the scope of the release (this
email)
 2. produce a release candidate source tarball
 3. start PPMC voting (re-spin if needed)
 4. start IPMC voting (re-spin if needed)

Please reply if you have questions, concerns or other thoughts.

Thanks.
-Goden