hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Caleb Welton <cwel...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: hawq init?
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2015 15:03:40 GMT
Replying to user@hawq.incubator.apache.org, moving dev list to bcc.

Feng,

  In GPHOME there is a file Edit $GPHOME/etc/slaves. This file should have
all segment host names, for example: sdw1 sdw2 sdw3.  Once populated if
your run `hawq init cluster` it will install hawq segments on each of these
nodes.

  You can also add additional segments after initial cluster initialization
via `hawq init segment`.  This operation can be done online and the segment
will register itself with the master automatically.

  It is recommended that after adding initializing a new segment that you
also add this segment to the  $GPHOME/etc/slaves file so that the segment
will automatically be started again on if you `hawq stop cluster`/`hawq
start cluster`.

Lei & the dev team,

  The HAWQ 2.0 quickstart documentation has been publicly posted yet... we
should probably fix that so that there are clear instructions for new users
trying out the project for the first time.

Regards,
  Caleb