hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Caleb Welton <cwel...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: PXF package namespace
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2015 23:58:11 GMT
The main precedent that immediately came to my mind was HCatalog.  HCatalog
used to be in the org.apache.hcatalog then migrated to
org.apache.hive.hcatalog when it became part of the hive project.

On one hand I prefer org.apache.pxf because it allows for the potential to
be an independent project in the future, but given that there is no Apache
PXF project this doesn't yet seem appropriate.  If we follow the precedent
set by hcatalog then org.apache.hawq.pxf would seem to be the best
reflection of the current state of the world.

-Caleb