hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Caleb Welton <cwel...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Oct 2015 ([ppmc])
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2015 18:27:25 GMT
Here's a stab at a report, welcome feedback before posting

 * *Your project name*
    Apache HAWQ (incubating)

 * *A brief description of your project, which assumes no knowledge of the
project*
*   or necessarily of its field*
    Project provides a distributed Hadoop-native ANSI compliant SQL engine
for analytic queries

* * A list of the three most important issues to address in the move
towards   graduation.*
    --> Not sure on this one, I'd like some feedback from our mentors.

* * Any issues that the Incubator PMC or ASF Board might wish/need to be
aware of*   We have only just started the incubation, everything seems to
be starting up, nothing urgent at this time.

* * How has the community developed since the last report*   This is our
first report, after having been approved for incubation roughly 2 wks ago.

   1) Most of the core contributors have completed their ICLA's and have
established apache ids.
   2) Several presentations and meetups at ApacheCon EU and Strata aimed at
growing interest in the project
   3) Formal announcements from Pivotal and press briefings related to the
move of the project into Apache aimed at growing awareness and interest in
the project.
   4) Outreach to parties that have expressed interest previously in our
open source initiatives
   5) Still very much at the early stages of community development, we're
just starting to get rolling.

* * How has the project developed since the last report.*
   This is our first report, after having been approved for incubation
roughly 2 wks ago.

   1) Initial code drop has been provided to Apache
   2) Core infrastructure has been setup including: mailing lists, git,
jira, wiki, website
   3) 62 messages on our developer list, 3 messages on our user list
   4) 16 jiras filed, 10 open, 1 reopened, 4 resolved, 1 closed - 1 issue
unassigned
   5) 7 commits in total, including initial commit
   6) Most discussed items on the mailing list:
       - addressing issues with getting jira configured to allow issues to
be assigned to users
       - discussion of usage of alternate communication channels, e.g. chat.
       - discussion of RTC vs CTR models for dev process

-Caleb