hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Chase <gch...@pivotal.io>
Subject [DISCUSS] What should our chat channel be for Apache HAWQ?
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2015 23:29:26 GMT
Welcome to the Incubator Apache HAWQ!

I'm actually writing our first web pages!

In a section about how to get help, it occurred to me that I don't know
what chat channel we'd want to use to direct people to get assistance.

The choices are:

Old school:  IRC - most Apache projects have this
Newer school: Hipchat - Apache Infra uses this
Newest school: Slack - other OSS projects use this, but I haven't seen an
Apache project using Slack.

Old school is free, text based, and there are web tools available
Newer school is supported by Apache Infra obviously.  However it does not
persist any past chats.  All conversations are volatile.
Newest school - might require Incubator approval.

Thoughts?

--
Greg Chase

Director of Big Data Communities