hawq-dev mailing list archives

From CHANG Lei <chang.lei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Staying with RTC (review-then-commit) rule
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2015 20:27:54 GMT
I think we are going to repeat the discussions other guys have discussed.

Personally, I think, RTC is rigid and restrictive. Different cases should
be handled differently.

For small changes, RTC is somewhat too heavy for committers.

I think it is a good choice to let committers decide which one need review
and which one does not.

One example is about deleting the p4 ignore file, to send an email to
solicit review and waste several developers time do not worth it.

Like the conclusion ignite project get.

   - It is up to a committer to decide whether a change should need a
   review or not.
   - Any change that touches code or test, whether reviewed or not, must
   have full CI  <http://204.14.53.153/overview.html>test suite pass.
   - As a guideline, trivial changes, like updates to documentation or
   tests, etc. should not need a review prior to committing, and often can be
   made directly in the master branch.
   - *It is strongly recommended to have non-trivial changes reviewed by at
   least one other committer.*

If we get everyone's feedback, we might get the same consensus.

Cheers
Lei