hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Move HAWQ, HORN to different reporting group
Date Mon, 07 Sep 2015 04:34:23 GMT
Greets,

Our podlings are unevenly distributed among the 3 reporting groups,
resulting in a heavy load once every three months.

* 1 (Jan, Apr, July, Oct): 18 podlings
* 2 (Feb, May, Aug, Nov): 21 podlings
* 3 (Mar, Jun, Sep, Dec): 32 podlings

HAWQ and HORN were initially placed in group 3, but I've taken the
liberty of moving them to group 1.  This means that after monthly
reports in Oct, Nov, and Dec, they will start reporting quarterly with
a Jan report.

The groups don't need to be perfectly balanced and so IMO we don't
need to move other podlings around, but I'd prefer not to worsen the
imbalance when scheduling new podlings.

Marvin Humphrey