hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Thejas Nair <thejas.n...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cannot set assignee on Apache JIRA
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2015 17:17:26 GMT
How about changing the setting to allow any registered JIRA users to
be assignee for the issues ?

IMO, this has worked well for the hive community. Earlier we had the
same bureaucratic process in place and that was actually a waste of
time. After the number of members in the contributors became large, we
were also having issues updating it in JIRA.

For reference, here is the hive mailing list around this -
http://search-hadoop.com/m/h4wBF1ZImAXlIE0A1/DISCUSS+Allow+any+jira+user+to+assign+HIVE+bugs+to+them+self/v=threaded