hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Commit messages
Date Wed, 30 Sep 2015 00:26:38 GMT
On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 01:44AM, Caleb Welton wrote:
> Another related observation. The git commit hooks are setup to automatically
> close The github PRs if your commit message ends in (closes N) where N is
> your PR number - Roman please correct me if I have the syntax wrong.
>
> So when dealing with a commit from github you might use:
>
> HAWQ-1: remove .p4ignore files (closes 2)

I believe these are github hooks you're talking about? I don't believe Apache
git deals with GH PRs closing. Besides, considering that github isn't a
primary VCS of Apache, the info about GH tickets is orthogonal and of small
value. Do you want to pollute the github history with something irrelevant?

Cos