harmony-dev mailing list archives

From johann Sorel <sorel.joh...@inbox.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] Move Apache Harmony to the Attic
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2011 16:43:44 GMT

Everyone preach for it's own license preference, it's not the place to debate on this subject.
I personally had a bad experience with opensolaris when oracle changed the license and 'stole'
free developers work (I see it this way).

more than the license the ©Copyright is like a Sword of Damocles waiting in the dark. I trust
the apache foundation but still we don't know what the futur will be. Until a projet is under
public domain I don't consider it truly Free.

If you think the apache license is so close to public domain then it should not be a problem
?

The decision is not mine, and probably some contributor to harmony like IBM will have a word
on this, or is it the PMC decision only ?

johann sorel

Send your photos by email in seconds...
TRY FREE IM TOOLPACK at http://www.imtoolpack.com/default.aspx?rc=if3