harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse Wilson <jessewil...@google.com>
Subject Re: Moving Apache Harmony to the Attic
Date Sat, 29 Oct 2011 14:56:48 GMT
Android's core libraries are derived from Harmony. In my mind that makes
Harmony one of Apache's most successful projects.

Occasionally Android developers are confused about which project they
should report bugs to. Moving Harmony to the Attic prevents
Android-specific bugs from going to the wrong place. And it makes it easier
for us to fix the bugs!

Android's core libraries continue to receive much love and attention. We're
very proud of our many improvements, particularly to IO/NIO, HTTP, SSL and
XML. Projects that want an Apache-licensed core library may use Android's
core library.

Big thanks to everyone who has contributed to Harmony. Your work lives on
in the hearts and pockets of millions of Android users.