harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: Moving Apache Harmony to the Attic
Date Sat, 29 Oct 2011 11:18:57 GMT
Am 29.10.2011 11:02, schrieb Tim Ellison:
> Back in March I wrote [1] about the choice facing our community to
> either find a new goal for Apache Harmony, or move the project under the
> responsibility of the Apache Attic project [2].
>
> There has been no significant activity in Apache Harmony since, so it
> would seem appropriate to make the move.  I will start a vote (on a new
> thread) for you to express your opinion.
>
> The Apache Attic project has a separate PMC who would take over
> responsibility for the Harmony code repository, mailing lists, etc.
> This ensures the continued oversight of the project's assets in place of
> the Harmony PMC.

Moving to the attic would be so sad... Have you ever thought of moving
away from Apache? I mean moving to the attic sounds a lot like it will
be parked there, not commits will be done in the future, and well,
releases you have excluded alraedy.

I am not part of Apache in any way, so I don't know really, but it did
sound as if there are no longer enough people to really do anything
useful in that infrastructure.

Also, what do you think could give the project a bit dirve again?

bye blackdrag