harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Fedotov <alexei.fedo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] specialized JVM for Groovy
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2011 14:44:03 GMT
Why I'm asking.

Hacking into Harmony (or other JVM) code to get particular performance
improvements can be potentially very difficult and require a lot of
effort and learning.

AFAIK, Harmony performance scores were better for one particular
benchmark (SPECjbb), otherwise they were not better than Oracle
scores. The guys from Oracle implemented Sergey Kuksenko and Alexey
Shipilev optimizations (and re-hired both of them later), so now they
probably can win even for that particular benchmark.

Alexei Fedotov / Алексей Федотов,
http://dataved.ru/
+7 916 562 8095