harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: [general] specialized JVM for Groovy
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2011 14:16:06 GMT
Am 04.06.2011 15:45, schrieb Alexei Fedotov:
> Jochen,
> AFAIU, you have some problems with Oracle Java implementation. What do
> you expect from Apache Harmony? Do you want to hack into the Apache
> Harmony code?

What I want from Harmony is that it allows me to change the internals of
the JVM. For example the layout of a class, or an "enhanced" JIT. And I
was hoping that Harmony allows me to do that somehow. Of course that
means to hack into the Harmony code.

Harmony is interesting for me, because as far as I am concerned it is a
Java compatible JVM and it is not GPL. I was thinking of Maxine, but GPL
is really not my favorite. I am not sure what will come out of this in
the end, and to limit myself to the GPL is not exactly motivating for me.

Of course I would need to ask questions, since I basically know nothing
of the Harmony internals yet and I am also wondering if there will be
people able to answer me those.

bye Jochen

--
Jochen "blackdrag" Theodorou