harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Regis Xu <xu.re...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][nio] JDK 7 / WatchService support
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 14:43:11 GMT
On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 8:48 PM, <6yexqy87pc@snkmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Yep, I've written it pretty much all myself. There are two (IMHO minor)
> sources of external influence (besides the official JDK7 beta docs):
>
> * There has been one occasion when someone contributed a patch which
> extended the WindowsPathWatchService implementation to handle more than 63
> watched directories. I modified it a fair bit before it went in.

I think the patch originator need to re-license the patch to APL v2,
otherwise, the
patch may not be taken.

> * For a while I had a modified version of WatchDir.java [1] example in the
> test driver. The code is part of the Java tutorial [2] on Sun/Oracle's web
> site (look for 'WatchDir example' on the page to find the link).
>

>From http://download.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/

"Your use of this page (http://download.oracle.com/javase/tutorial (Last
Updated 02/23/2011)) and all the material on pages under "The Java
Tutorials" banner is subject to the Java SE Tutorial Copyright and License.
Additionally, any example code contained in any of these Java Tutorials
pages is licensed under the Code Sample License." [1]

[1] http://developers.sun.com/license/berkeley_license.html

It looks like BSD license, that is compatible with APL v2, but I'm not
lawyer, can't 100% sure about this.