harmony-dev mailing list archives

From 6yexqy8...@snkmail.com
Subject Re: [classlib][nio] JDK 7 / WatchService support
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 23:28:55 GMT
Hi Regis,

I think the patch originator need to re-license the patch to APL v2,
> otherwise, the
> patch may not be taken.

I just got a response from Patrick Steele-Idem, the contributor of the
patch. He asks what's required and suggests this:

"I hearby state that my patch to the jpathwatch library is licensed
under APL v2 (Apache portable license [1])"

(where [1] is http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0)

Would that be enough? Where would he have to post this? On this mailing
list?

 From http://download.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/

> "Your use of this page (http://download.oracle.com/javase/tutorial (Last
> Updated 02/23/2011)) and all the material on pages under "The Java
> Tutorials" banner is subject to the Java SE Tutorial Copyright and License.
> Additionally, any example code contained in any of these Java Tutorials
> pages is licensed under the Code Sample License." [1]
>
> [1] http://developers.sun.com/license/berkeley_license.html
>
> It looks like BSD license, that is compatible with APL v2, but I'm not
> lawyer, can't 100% sure about this.

So who can we ask?

Cheers,

Uwe