harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre Queinnec <pierre.quein...@zenika.com>
Subject Re: [general] Problem building Harmony on Mac OS X 10.6.6
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2011 00:43:22 GMT
Hi Mark, Chris,

On Jan 19, 2011, at 9:43 AM, Mark Hindess wrote:

> In message <D036BC2D-7394-41EB-A653-DF2DCCE452DD@jpl.nasa.gov>,
> "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" writes:
>> Thanks Mark.
>> I will try with the options that you mention below. I'm not sure how
>> to stub out the .s and .c files -- any suggestions would be
>> helpful...
> Take a look in the ia64 directory. (Sorry, I'd have mentioned this
> yesterday but I'd forgotten about these files.)

Thanks for the tip. Actually it turns out it's even easier to comment
things out than stubbing it. As I wrote in Issue 5114, I forked the
java6 branch on GitHub to be able to test patching and building on
different machines without scp'ing patchfiles all along. Chris, I
fixed the thrhelp.s and thrspinlock.s issues for 10.6 in my repo, if
you want to check it out.

On my 10.6 machine, GCC is at '4.2.1 (Apple Inc. build 5664)' and as
is at 'cctools-782~33, GNU assembler version 1.38'.

I didn't finish the patch as it's running pretty late already here.
I'll let you know if you're interested. By the way let us all thank
Mark for all the work on FreeBSD, this obviously helped me _a lot_!

Pierre Queinnec
CTO, Zenika

Office: +33 1 45 26 19 15
Mobile: +33 6 66 27 10 71