harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Jimmy,Jing Lv" <firep...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: roadmap suggestion
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2010 05:44:36 GMT
Hi,

     Johann, the whole idea is great to me.
     Technically, I believe the Java world is just working on this topic -
moving JVM to be a common VM for all script languages, maybe for all
languages (say, Java7 has a new Dynamic Invoke in vm),  In my point of view,
the difficulty here is still that we need to find enough influence to the
industry or people that they'd like to use/contribute to a Apache-licensed
VM like Harmony, we'd better hear more voice from other Apache projects,
other communities and developers if they do have such requirement (e.g,
Maven etc). Changing syntaxes will be another topic as well as changing the
standard, need more well-defined infrastructure, or we may find a hot area
where everything is changing very fast and standards are not finalized.
     However I believe Harmony has chance - here or there.

     It's very kind of you, Johann, to bring us an amazing idea ( I googled
and find your appearance on a netbeans interview of
AlterSIG<http://netbeans.org/community/articles/interviews/johann-sorel-altersig.html>,
that is cool ;) )

--

Best Regards!