harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Volker Berlin" <volker.ber...@goebel-clan.de>
Subject AW: Harmony could be a world beater with the right strategy, not rot in the attic!
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2010 19:05:01 GMT
Nice idea. But the core questions are:

Why Mono was shunned? My opinion:
* All my test have show that it is not compatible.
* There is no good IDE.

Why Java can be shunned in the future? My opinion:
* In every new Java update there are new bugs which need hacks in my application.
* The improvent is small.
* The interaction with a specific OS is very bad.

What are my dreams for a programming language.
* It must be platform independent for the main features. I want that my application run on
many systemes. (+Java; -Mono)
* There should have extentions for different platforms that I can use easy. (-Java, +Mono)
* It should be stable. Bug fixes should not produce new bugs. (-Java, Mono?)
* There should be a modern IDE with all the modern Features like easy debugging, refactoring,
etc. (+Java, -Mono)
* A good syntax which prevent boiler plate code (-Java, +Mono)
* A continue development and improvment (-Java, +Mono)

If you see my dreams then you see the problem with your idea. If you create an own VM based
on an own language(s) then
it requiered very many developers. Your new VM must have many advantages over the existing
VMs. Else never will port
existing libraries/applications.

My two cents

Volker