harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Krystal Mok <rednaxel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How should older milestones be maintained?
Date Fri, 12 Nov 2010 00:19:20 GMT
On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 1:32 AM, Tim Ellison <t.p.ellison@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/Nov/2010 02:21, Krystal Mok wrote:
> > Thank you very much. I didn't know enough about the layout of Apache
> > projects' archives. Now it's much clearer to me what's the correct way to
> > fixed outdated dependencies.
>
> It is worth mentioning though Kris that not of Harmony's dependencies
> are available from the apache.org site; indeed not all of the
> dependencies are Apache licensed so it is possible that other sites will
> take down some packages that we depended upon in the past.
>
> In general, we don't commit to keeping the old development milestone
> drivers working for any period of time.  If you need to stay on a
> particular version I'd advise taking a local copy of the dependencies.

Thank you. Understood. I was kind of hoping to see a mechanism that people
can contribute patches that get sticked side-by-side with the download links
of the older milestone tarballs, or some kind of "Patches page" to so that
others would know: "there's a patch that would make milestone X build on
YYYY-MM-DD". I understand it's not likely to commit back into the code repo
to keep older milestones up-to-date.

Regards,
Kris Mok