harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Sian January <sianjanu...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [site] One-sentence project description
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2010 12:34:38 GMT
Thanks to those who commented.  I have checked this in today for in
order to get something up there that complies with the ASF
requirements, but I am happy to update it at a later date if anyone
wants to discuss the wording further.

Is there anyone maintaining the Russian site who is able to translate
this and check it in?  If not, can I suggest we consider removing the
Russian pages since they are starting to get out of date.

2010/11/24 sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com>:
> 2010/11/24 Sian January <sianjanuary@googlemail.com>:
>> Yours sounds better but using "complete" could be a bit misleading
>> since Harmony is not yet complete.  I know that's not the intended
>> meaning but not everyone has English as their first language, so how
>> about:
>>
>> "Apache Harmony software is a modular Java runtime with class
>> libraries and associated tools"?
>
> That would be fine.

>>> Reads oddly to me - "is" should not be used with plurals (libraries, tools).
>>>
>>> Perhaps
>>>
>>> "Apache Harmony software is a modular Java runtime, complete with
>>> class libraries
>>> and associated tools"?

Java SE 5

PO6