harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Fedotov <alexei.fedo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dalvik bytecode version of Harmony's DRLVM feasible as the new JVM?
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2010 20:08:27 GMT
Hello Paul,
Dalvik VM is APL licensed and runs on x86_64. What is the point to compete?

As years ago I still see an option for DRLVM to serve as a source of high
quality portable modules (e.g. GC, asm utils, logging, crash handler)
reusable by several VM implementations (e.g. Dalvik, QEMU, Parrot, etc)
available as linux packages. Today you are reading this. Tomorrow you are
known as the author of the DRLVM-based IR management module which has just
replaced GIMPLE in gcc trunk. Your way to the glory of zlib is simple - just
work on accepting your module into as many open source projects, as you can,
and it inevitably becomes brilliant and widely used.

We may also create JVM benchmarks and certification testsuites from our
exisitng testbase with common ASF "field of use" restriction: those who
tricked ASF with licenses cannot publish results and never get certified.

Alexei Fedotov / Алексей Федотов,
http://dataved.ru/
+7 916 562 8095