harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Sian January <sianjanu...@googlemail.com>
Subject [site] One-sentence project description
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2010 13:08:53 GMT
In order to meet the ASF requirements[1] for the Harmony website we
need to have a one-sentence description of the project on our main web
page, the downloads page and in the DOAP file.  It needs to describe
the 'product' itself rather than the community or the project aims.

I haven't spent ages thinking about this but how about something like:

"Apache Harmony software is an independent implementation of Java SE 5
and 6 with a modular runtime architecture."

or to be more general:

"Apache Harmony software consists of a modular Java runtime and class
libraries."

Any thoughts?

Sian

[1] http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs#naming