harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Krystal Mok <rednaxel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How should older milestones be maintained?
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2010 02:17:30 GMT
Hi Andreas,

Yes, that's exactly the same problem I ran into. Your patch is much more
comprehensive than mine. I downloaded a few dependencies by hand during the
build, but couldn't remember which ones they were. Thanks a lot for the
patch!

By the way, have you run tests on Jikes RVM with Harmony? The last time I
built MRP on Ubuntu, which was sometime in May, it couldn't even run
HelloWorld, but threw some error message like this during VM startup:
*JikesRVM: unexpected hardware trap outside of RVM address space*
Something was obviously wrong with zlib, as the VM seem to have crashed in
zlib's inflate_table(). But Jikes RVM/MRP doesn't use zlib directly, do
they? So it seem rather like a problem in the class library instead. Haven't
investigated into the problem yet, just want to know if anyone had the same
problem before.

Sincerely,
Kris Mok