harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikael" <mikael-arons...@telia.com>
Subject Re: Question about Character.valueOf()
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2010 14:55:30 GMT
But that's only for Character 0x00 to 0x7F, the loop with the assert test
counts from 0 to 512.

----- Original Message -----
From: "sebb" <sebbaz@gmail.com>
To: <dev@harmony.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2010 3:42 PM
Subject: Re: Question about Character.valueOf()

The end of section 5.1.7

http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jls/third_edition/html/conversions.html#5.1.7

says:

"If the value p being boxed is true, false, a byte, a char in the
range \u0000 to \u007f, or an int or short number between -128 and
127, then let r1 and r2 be the results of any two boxing conversions
of p. It is always the case that r1 == r2."

[See also subsequent discussion section]

AFAIK, boxing uses valueOf to achieve this.