harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Regis <xu.re...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Contributions by Java programmers.
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2010 07:06:00 GMT
On 2010-11-16 4:46, Sunburned Surveyor wrote:
> I'd like to know if any components of the Harmony Project are being
> implemented in Java. Are any of the class libraries that will ship
> with the JVM being written in Java?
>
> Is the main JVM implemented in C?
>
> I'm just trying to figure out where I might contribute code to the
> project as a Java programmer. My C programming skills are very crude.
>
> Thanks,
>
> The Sunburned Surveyor

Harmony Project could divide to three part: VM, class library and jdk tools.

VM is mainly implemented in C/C++ and a few Java code
The most of class library code is written in Java, and a few C code to deal with
file system and network etc. If you are a pure Java programmer, class library is
a good place to start, I suggest you to start from jndi, sql, beans, java.util
modules, they are pure Java code.

--
Best Regards,
Regis.