harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse Wilson <jessewil...@google.com>
Subject Commit to 5 or 6?
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2010 23:09:43 GMT
Harmony Folks,

I'm planning to do some work on the Harmony 6 tests. I'm planning to do
small improvements: isolating tests for security managers, replace
assertTrue() with assertEquals(), etc. This work will be driven by me trying
to get Android's class library passing Harmony's tests as they appear in
SVN. Currently we only run our own forked copy; that's lame and it doubles
our maintenance burden.

In which branch should I commit these changes? If I commit to the Java 5
branch, then the changes benefit both development trees. I'm not personally
interested in Java 5 anymore, but I can't speak for everyone. But if I
commit to the Java 6 branch, I can immediately take advantage of the
changes. I don't want to think about Java 5 and I'm always running the
complete set of Java 6 tests.

Any guidance?

Thanks.

--