harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Anybody Interested in Running Gump on Top of Harmony?
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2010 07:14:59 GMT
On 2010-10-27, Mark Hindess wrote:

> In message <878w1kawjp.fsf@v35516.1blu.de>, Stefan Bodewig writes:

>> Hi all,

>> if Harmony is able to bootstrap and run Ant and run Maven then maybe
>> running Gump <http://gump.apache.org/> on top of it may be a good way to
>> see where projects have dependencies on Sun libs and where Harmony isn't
>> working as expected.

>> Setting up Gump on Harmony likely "only" involves asking infra for a
>> virtual machine, installing Harmony (preferrably a stable 6.0 build, we
>> can think about using trunk builds later) and installing Gump.

>> If anybody is interested I'd be happy to take the lead on the infra and
>> Gump sides of things but would need some support/hand-holding for the
>> Harmony installation and the small problems we'll encounter on the way.

> That would be cool.

Stefano Mazzocci had this working in the past and Joe Schaefer tossed
out the idea on a way too long thread on a different list elsewhere
recently.

> I'm can help with the Harmony side of things.

Cool.

Given the choices of VMs infra could give us most easily it probably
comes down to Ubuntu (10.4) on VMWare or a FreeBSD jail.  I'm not sure
how stable you consider the FreeBSD port of Harmony to be, would it be
better to opt for the VMWare instance?  It would be a 64Bit system in
either case.

Stefan