Reran the luni module alone on M2 HDK snapshot and M3 and ensured network connectivity and turned off firewalls. So some of the failures below are gone. Attached are the build output files for reference

Regressions are shown below (Passed in M2 and Failed in M3):
RandomAccessFileTest
ScannerTest

There are some exceptions which are common in both these builds
SystemProcessTest - SocketTimeoutException
TimerTest - RuntimeException

I don't think the above failures are too much of an issue. So that's +1 from me for the M3 build :-)

--
Regards
Prashanth

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 12:44 AM, Mark Hindess <mark.hindess@googlemail.com> wrote:

In message <AANLkTimjjqcsh4uD7w=MP40CvX05qokp0zXtx+fSv-LJ@mail.gmail.com>,
Prashanth K S writes:

> Thanks for the clarifications on the RI part. Please find the attached
> test outputs for the tests pointed out by Mark below, which would have
> a stackTrace. From what I see in these reports:
>
> InetAddressTest - Attempted host lookup might have failed because the
> network connectivity may not have been there when this test was run.
>
> RandomAccessTest - Probably a file creation error
> MulticastSocketTest - There are a few additional failures other than JIRA
> 6633. Need to see this.
> URLTest - We need to see this
> CodeSourceTest -  Attempted host lookup might have failed because the
> network connectivity may not have been there when this test was run.
> BasicScrollBarUITest - This can be ignored because there wasn't too much
> work done on swings.
>
> Looks ok considering the above. If you can confirm that the
> "MulticastSocketTest" and the "URLTest"  are fine, then we are good to go.

URLTest failure looks likely to be because harmony.apache.org and
www.apache.org could not be confirmed as valid?  And the MulticastSocketTest
looks like the address the test was using went away mid test?
So I think these are spurious errors.

> I don't have a 6.0 M2 setup with me. I will download the src and set it up
> to confirm if the above are regressions.

You could just try running the tests again when you have internet access and
aren't moving network or being disconnected.

To run just the problematic tests you can use commands like:

 ant -Dtest.case=org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.net.URLTest \
     -Dbuild.module=luni test

Rather than having to re-run them all.

Regards,
 Mark