harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Lang Yang <yangl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [milestone] create freebsd x86_64 binaries?
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2010 02:44:44 GMT
On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 9:42 AM, Tim Ellison <t.p.ellison@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 08/Sep/2010 14:10, Mark Hindess wrote:

> http://people.apache.org/~hindessm/testing/5.0M15/freebsd.x86_64/html/

> >> I'd be uncomfortable about putting them alongside the platforms which
> >> we have tested more thoroughly, and we know work well.
> >
> > Judging by the evidence of the last few releases, the windows 64-bit
> > releases belong in the same category as freebsd as I am the only one
> > testing them too.
> >
> >> Perhaps we can make a new area for 'previews' or some such idea...?
> >
> > Doesn't "milestone" already imply "preview"?
> >
> > I agree we need to set expectations appropriately but if we don't create
> > something then we'll never get interesting in addressing the problems.
>
> I'm ok with that approach.
>
> As an aside, our download page is looking cluttered already, it would be
> good to have somebody with a bit of design sense to make it look more
> friendly.  Looks like it was put together by a bunch of developers !!

I thought Harmony's users are developers too ;)
We could use some user interface libraries make this page more pretty. I
made a demo page, by using Tabs widget from JQuery UI, that group builds
together with tabs, see http://www.yanglang.net/harmony/download.html.
Probably we can have something like this for both hdk5.0 and hdk6.0?

Regards,
Lang