harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Jimmy,Jing Lv" <firep...@gmail.com>
Subject [Classlib] Add a new module for javax.tools in Harmony 6?
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2010 09:51:26 GMT
Hello,

      I've done the work for annotation as discussed in the previous thread.
However some annotation classes requires some reference to the javax.tools.
The new package, javax.tools is newly added in java6, which is used as a new
API for annotation processor, and what's more, from the spec and it seems
the compiler implementations may use it as well, I suppose new version pf
eclipse compiler may used in Harmony may refer it.
      The implementation of javax.tools is not complex, I've done the work
needed for annotation, and will complete the full package soon. However up
to now, there is no such module (like tools.jar or something) in the JRE
classlib yet, and it seems not suitable to put in the annotation module. I
suggest we add a new module Tools for it in Harmony 6 branch.

      Please tell me if anyone has any questions, or better suggestions.
I'll start committing the code if there is no objection. Thanks.
--

Best Regards!

Jimmy, Jing Lv