harmony-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [vote] Declare r991881 as 6.0 milestone 3
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2010 09:31:24 GMT
On 8 September 2010 08:52, Mark Hindess <mark.hindess@googlemail.com> wrote:

> I have created signed source archives for revision r991881 of trunk and
> made them available at:
>
>  http://people.apache.org/~hindessm/milestones/6.0M3/

The signing key has RSA key ID 8050390C.
Although it is listed in public key servers, it is not listed in
   http://www.apache.org/dist/harmony/KEYS
which is where all keys are supposed to be obtained, according to:
   http://harmony.apache.org/download.cgi#verify

---

The top-level NOTICE file contains the following text:

====
The Apache Harmony Development Kit (HDK) contains a jar file from the
Apache Derby Project for which the following notice applies:

Apache Derby
Copyright 2004-2007 The Apache Software Foundation

This product includes software developed by
====

I think this is superfluous, as the first few lines of the file should
be enough to cover ASF code.

---

The top-level LICENSE file refers to Apache Yoko (incubation).

Apache Yoko is no longer part of the incubator; it has been dissolved,
and parts moved to Geronimo and CXF.
So long as Harmony is using the Geronimo or CXF code, there should be
no need to mention Yoko.
I don't know what the procedure is if Harmony is using the Yoko code
that remain in the Incubator; you should probably ask on
Legal-discuss.

---

The following files don't have AL headers and are not listed in rat.excludes:

classlib/doc/overview.html
classlib/modules/imageio/src/test/java/META-INF/services/javax.imageio.spi.CorrectProviderConfiguration
classlib/modules/imageio/src/test/java/META-INF/services/javax.imageio.spi.IncorrectProviderConfiguration
debian/README.Debian
debian/patches/01-ignore.suffix.on.samsa.tools.diff
debian/rules
drlvm/make/classlib.override.file.patterns
drlvm/vm/thread/src/doxyfile
ibm-v4/make/classlib.override.file.patterns

Some of these files should probably have an AL header.