harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject questions about Non-bug differences from RI category
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2010 15:39:13 GMT
Hello,

To what extent is the project interested in non-bug differences from RI?

For example, in Lucene we have a test that invokes Character.codePointAt()
and expects an exception.
the javadocs state that it will throw IOOBE (which harmony does),
but the test was written (incorrectly) to expect StringIndexOOBE,
ArrayIndexOOBE (which sun does)

We also see other non-bug differences that match some changes between RI's
versus ICU's internationalization support.
For example, I think the Thai DBBI is different, and there are some
collation differences (i suspect this relates to
HARMONY-5406<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-5406>
)

I can open issues for anything we find from our unit tests that aren't
actually bugs in Harmony, if they are of interest.

--
Robert Muir
rcmuir@gmail.com