harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Catherine Hope <catherine.v.h...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][x-net] Creating a provider based on OpenSSL
Date Fri, 10 Sep 2010 10:58:18 GMT
Hi Oli,
I've also been looking at how the SSLEngine may be implemented in OpenSSL
and am struggling to to obtain the handshake data to return to the other
side without sending it across an actual connection.  I've been working with
an open SSL bio pair which, according to the manual, enables an application
to have control over the I/O, instead of OpenSSL sending it directly.

I've added a testcase that actually does a handshake and sends some data
between a client and server.
I've uploaded my changes to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-6627 which contains the set up
of the SSL (using a bio pair, but I'm still not sure this is the right
route), and implementations of accept and connect.  The handshake currently
returns the expected initial state (the client side requiring a wrap and the
server expected an unwrap), but subsequent wrap/unwraps aren't able to
obtain the handshake data.

Best wishes,
Cath