harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Regis <xu.re...@gmail.com>
Subject Don't create/embed manifest files on Windows?
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2010 06:52:40 GMT

As discussed in thread http://markmail.org/thread/4fhcnofc5vn462zl, define
dependencies in manifest files introduced unexpected complications, and heavily
depends on environment on target machines. And as Garrett said:

"By removing the Manifest, the OS just looks in the local directory for the
libraries--this is not what you really really want--you'd need to include the
VC++ runtimes in the application directory with the redistribution of Harmony
itself."

In our manifest, only VC++ runitmes dependency is defined and loading VC++
runtimes from Harmony's local directory is exactly what we want, so I think
embedded manifest is not necessary for us, we can use option "/MANIFEST:NO" to
stop creating it. What do you think?

--
Best Regards,
Regis.