harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Deakin <oliver.dea...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][x-net] Creating a provider based on OpenSSL
Date Fri, 10 Sep 2010 11:53:00 GMT
  On 10/09/2010 11:58, Catherine Hope wrote:
> Hi Oli,
> I've also been looking at how the SSLEngine may be implemented in OpenSSL

Great!

> and am struggling to to obtain the handshake data to return to the other
> side without sending it across an actual connection.  I've been working with
> an open SSL bio pair which, according to the manual, enables an application
> to have control over the I/O, instead of OpenSSL sending it directly.
>
> I've added a testcase that actually does a handshake and sends some data
> between a client and server.

That will be very helpful to verify the new implementation, thanks.

> I've uploaded my changes to
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-6627 which contains the set up
> of the SSL (using a bio pair, but I'm still not sure this is the right
> route), and implementations of accept and connect.  The handshake currently
> returns the expected initial state (the client side requiring a wrap and the
> server expected an unwrap), but subsequent wrap/unwraps aren't able to
> obtain the handshake data.

I haven't had a chance to investigate SSLEngine yet, but this sounds
like a good start. I'll get reading up on bio pairs and see if I can
work out what's happening. Thanks for the patch, I'll take a look and
get it applied so as not to hold you up too long.

Regards,
Oliver

--
Oliver Deakin