harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [vote] Declare r991518 as 5.0 milestone 15
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2010 16:56:52 GMT
On 08/Sep/2010 19:30, Prashanth K S wrote:
> Removed DRL build output due to size constraints.

These are to be expected I'm afraid.

> [junit] TEST
> org.apache.harmony.jpda.tests.jdwp.ReferenceType.ModifiersTest FAILED

Don't recognize this one, but I note you didn't see it in the second run...

> [junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.net.MulticastSocketTest
> FAILED
> [junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.net.SocketTest FAILED
> [junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.net.URLConnectionTest FAILED

Did you have a firewall running?  I've seen these (types of) tests fail
due to blocked ports etc.

> [junit] TEST javax.swing.ImageIcon_MultithreadedTest FAILED
> [junit] TEST javax.swing.JTextPaneTest FAILED
> [junit] TEST javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicScrollBarUITest FAILED

Not unusual, and the Swing code not getting much attention at the moment
to look into them.

> Run 2
> ---------
> [junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.util.ScannerTest FAILED
> [junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.net.DatagramSocketTest
> FAILED
> [junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.net.URLConnectionTest FAILED
> [junit] TEST
> org.apache.harmony.nio.tests.java.nio.channels.SocketChannelTest FAILED
> [junit] TEST javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicScrollBarUITest FAILED
>
> Socket tests might be due to timeouts, but that wasn't expected.

I think some of the UI tests may be sensitive to using the machine at
the same time -- this run looks cleaner.

> With IBM 6.0 JDK, the tests hang at the GzipOutStream test for some
> reason. Failures till that point are:
>
> [junit] TEST javax.accessibility.AccessibleAttributeSequenceTest FAILED
> [junit] TEST javax.accessibility.AccessibleResourceBundleTest FAILED
> [junit] TEST javax.accessibility.AccessibleTextSequenceTest FAILED
> [junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.archive.tests.java.util.jar.Pack200Test
> FAILED
> [junit] TEST
> org.apache.harmony.archive.tests.java.util.zip.CheckedInputStreamTest FAILED
> [junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.archive.tests.java.util.zip.DeflaterTest
> FAILED
>
> Please let me know if something is wrong with the above.

You are running the tests on the IBM JDK 6.0?  Interesting.

>  +1 if the above errors are considered non-blockers and are known earlier.

Thanks for the report.

Regards,
Tim