harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Colin Thorne <thorn...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib][auth] Compatibility with RI in auth module
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2010 08:12:16 GMT
I have been looking at the auth module with a view to increasing the
test coverage and making sure Harmony is compatible with the RI, and I
have a couple of questions I was hoping to get answers to.

1) Looking at javax.sercuity.auth.SubjectTest there is a field called
testing (in SecurityTest) that appears to be used to distinguish the
behaviour between Harmony and the RI. Is this approach to keep a common
set of tests for the RI and Harmony to right one for me to be following?

Here is an example from
javax.security.auth.SubjectTest.testSubject_3Set_InvalidSet()

try {
             new Subject(false, hash, new HashSet(), new HashSet());

             if (!testing) {
                 // possible to add 'null' principal via constructor
                 fail("No expected NullPointerException");
             }
         } catch (NullPointerException e) {
         }

2) Are these sort of incompatibilities appropriate to remove from the
Harmony auth implementation? I think Harmony is attempting to be as
close as possible to the RI implementation and so I assume we should be
matching behaviour in this case.

Thanks for any insights.

Regards, Colin.