harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Regis <xu.re...@gmail.com>
Subject Windows 64-bit can't work on Windows 2003
Date Mon, 06 Sep 2010 07:25:53 GMT
I downloaded M14 build from
http://apache.freelamp.com//harmony/milestones/5.0/M14/apache-harmony-5.0-jre-r946978-windows-x86_64-snapshot.zip

unzip it on Windows server 2003 sp2 64 bit, and run java:

C:\regis\harmony-5.0-jre-946978\bin>.\java.exe
The system cannot execute the specified program.

But it works well on Windows 2008.

I googled and it seems the error is caused by can't find Visual C++ libraries.
The dependencies is defined by manifest file which is embedded in dll/exe. So I
checked manifest file in java.exe, CRT version is 8.0.50608.0, but CRT dlls
shipped with our build is 8.00.50727.42, is the difference cause this issue?

I have tried *not* to embed manifest file into dll/exe files (remove 'mt'
command from build script, and also remove all *.manifest files), and the build
without manifest files could work on Windows 2003, so I guess there must be
something wrong with manifest files, but they are generated by linker
automatically, I can't understand why they can't work. Does anyone have any ideas?

--
Best Regards,
Regis.