harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Hindess" <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject [build] Ensuring consistent build environment for releases
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2010 11:17:16 GMT

I've been looking at:

and wondering about build processes particularly for releases.

Some of you might have noticed (as I checked in my scripts recently[0]),
that I try quite hard to ensure that the linux builds are built with a
known environment.  In particular, these scripts do:

  cat /tmp/build/*/common_resources/depends/jars/ecj_*/ecj-*.jar \
      >/usr/share/ant/lib/ecj-harmony.jar

to ensure that the version of ecj used during the build is the one
defined by the harmony dependency downloads.

I don't really have an equivalent clean process for windows and it looks
like the version of ecj.jar on my windows build machine was a little
older than the 3.5.1 that I used on Linux.  So this accounts for the
differences described in the above JIRA.

Obviously I've fixed my machine now and will try to make sure I check
this before building release binaries in future.  However, I'd prefer a
more robust solution.

I'd be tempted to add a build time check to look at the ecj jar version
that is available but there doesn't seem to be enough information in the
ecj.jar manifests to do this.

Anyone got any bright ideas?

Regards,
 Mark.