harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: running tests / svn:eol-style missing on some files?
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2010 17:24:09 GMT

In message <AANLkTimOk1EtJAeDihpEv=U_rUOfhccs=zWN77xhEYEC@mail.gmail.com>,
sebb writes:

> On 22 September 2010 12:53, Mark Hindess <mark.hindess@googlemail.com>
> wrote:

> java/net/URLEncoderTest.java
> java/io/BufferedInputStreamTest.java
> java/io/InputStreamReaderTest.java
> java/util/FormatterTest.java

> >> I fixed these specific files @r999716, but it would be good if Mark
> >> could run his script to check if there are any others that need setting.
> >
> > Fixed at r999793 and r999851.
>
> Here are a few more possible ones for
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/harmony/enhanced/java/trunk:
>
> svn ps svn:mime-type application/octet-stream
> classlib/modules/security/src/test/resources/hyts_badpem.cer
> svn ps svn:eol-style native
> classlib/support/src/test/java/tests/resources/hyts_checkInput.txt
> svn ps svn:eol-style native drlvm/vm/gc_gen/src/LICENSE
> svn ps svn:eol-style native drlvm/vm/gc_gen/src/NOTICE
> svn ps svn:eol-style native
> classlib/modules/beans/src/test/resources/xml/ChangedObject.xml
> svn ps svn:eol-style native
> classlib/modules/beans/src/test/resources/xml/ClassID.xml
> svn ps svn:eol-style native
> classlib/modules/beans/src/test/resources/xml/ObjectID.xml
> svn ps svn:eol-style native
> classlib/modules/beans/src/test/resources/xml/StaticField.xml
>
> There are also 177 files which have the executable bit set, for example:
>
> svn pd svn:executable classlib/depends/files/libhyempty.so
> svn pd svn:executable
> classlib/modules/awt/src/main/java/common/java/awt/ActiveEvent.java
> svn pd svn:executable
> classlib/modules/awt/src/main/java/common/java/awt/Adjustable.java
> svn pd svn:executable
> classlib/modules/awt/src/main/java/common/java/awt/AlphaComposite.java
>
> There's rarely a need for this bit to be set; usually if it needs to
> be set it should be set as part of creating the archives.
>
> I can provide the full list if you wish (or you could just delete it
> from all files).

Thanks Sebb.

I'd intentionally left the test resources as I wanted to make sure
fixing them didn't break any tests.  Oddly LICENSE and NOTICE files are
missing from the svn auto-props configuration I pulled from the link
on the NewCommitters page of the Harmony wiki - perhaps they should be
added? - and my script was using that as input.

I've not actually checked any other properties but I'll take a look at
the svn:mime-type or svn:executable properties shortly.  (No need to
send a full list.)

Any other properties that are worth checking?

Regards,
 Mark.