harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: running tests / svn:eol-style missing on some files?
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2010 22:58:02 GMT

In message <AANLkTim_ovW+-L+rLm4zRTaS2deGmy-X-Eoc84_Of9qw@mail.gmail.com>,
Robert Muir writes:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to setup a harmony build environment, and I can build everything
> (via ant build), but I have two questions
>
> 1. I have difficulty running tests: e.g. if i run 'ant test' from classlib,
> I get errors like this:
>
>     [junit] Failed to open JVM DLL:
> /home/rmuir/workspace/harmony-trunk/classlib/deploy/jdk/jre/bin/default/harmo
> nyvm
> (/home/rmuir/workspace/harmony-trunk/classlib/deploy/jdk/jre/bin/default/libharmonyvm.so:
> cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
>
> I know my previous build put this stuff in /target, but not in deploy. I
> found i could trick the tests setting -Dhy.hdk, but this doesn't seem right.

I'd recommend running the federated build ... i.e. "ant build test" in
/home/rmuir/workspace/harmony-trunk in your case.

If you only want to run a subset of tests you can do:

  ant -Dbuild.module=luni test

or even:

  ant -Dbuild.module=luni -Dtest.case=org.apache....FormatterTest test

> 2. I think some files are missing svn:eol-style. For example, although i
> have not modified anything I see:

> classlib/modules/luni/src/test/api/common/org/apache/harmony/luni/tests/java/
> net/URLEncoderTest.java
> classlib/modules/luni/src/test/api/common/org/apache/harmony/luni/tests/java/
> io/BufferedInputStreamTest.java
> classlib/modules/luni/src/test/api/common/org/apache/harmony/luni/tests/java/
> io/InputStreamReaderTest.java
> classlib/modules/luni/src/test/api/common/org/apache/harmony/luni/tests/java/
> util/FormatterTest.java
>
> Can we set svn:eol-style=native for these files?

I'll check all of the .java files and fix these in the morning.

Thanks,
 Mark.