harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [vote] Declare r991881 as 6.0 milestone 3
Date Sat, 11 Sep 2010 06:47:31 GMT

In message <AANLkTinzMss+zfUt2UJxXjbuA3YX7bvFP3ztQcBB7i2f@mail.gmail.com>,
Prashanth K S writes:

> Downloaded the src and built it on Windows x86 - No build issues. The
> test failures are as listed below. Its quite big for the RI. I
> guess the awt and the swing components can be exempted, as per the
> discussion for the 5.0 milestone. Attachments are too heavy to attach
> in this mail.
>
> Made sure no firewalls were blocking ports. The socket failures are not
> because of that.
>
> I am not sure of a +1 here. If the RI tests are known before, then its ok,
> but still the list seems to be too big to be ignored.
>
> Kindly let me know if I have missed something here.

You need to run the "RI tests" with -Dhy.test.impl=false - to avoid
spurious implementation specific test failures.  However, that isn't
the only issue.

While it is useful to understand why "RI tests" are failing on Harmony,
insufficient effort has been applied to making the tests run clean on
the "RI" so there will be failures for lots of trivial reasons - such as
all the "non-bug difference" JIRA issues.

So it would be good to work on this but I don't think it has any
consequences for our release.

> DRLVM
> --------------
> [junit] TEST
> org.apache.harmony.jpda.tests.jdwp.MultiSession.ClassObjectIDTest FAILED
> [junit] TEST
> org.apache.harmony.jpda.tests.jdwp.ObjectReference.SetValues004Test FAILED

I see intermittent failures of many jdwp tests.  So I'm not concerned
about these.

> [junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.io.RandomAccessFileTest
> FAILED

This looks familiar but without the stack trace it is hard to tell.

> [junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.net.InetAddressTest FAILED

I'm not seen this before, can you post the stack trace for the failure?

> [junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.net.MulticastSocketTest
> FAILED

This is very familiar.  Stack trace?  Does this look like a similar
problem to HARMONY-6633 which Ray/Cath mention fixes this test on linux.

> [junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.net.URLTest FAILED

I'm not seen this before, can you post the stack trace for the failure?

> [junit] TEST org.apache.harmony.security.tests.java.security.CodeSourceTest
> FAILED

This looks familiar but without the stack trace it is hard to tell.

> [junit] TEST javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicScrollBarUITest FAILED

Not sure about this one but not especially concerned since swing/awt
failures are quite common (for me).

While I am interested in understanding these, can you please check and
confirm if these issues are regressions?  That is, if they also fail on
6.0M2 since that is the significant factor for this release vote.

It would also be useful to know if they are stable or intermittent
failures.

Regards,
 Mark.

[SNIP]