harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [testing] Java 6 branch results so far
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2010 13:51:10 GMT

In message <4C7FA446.9010501@gmail.com>, Tim Ellison writes:

> With the latest fixes committed I'm now only seeing the following for
> the Java 6 branch on a Win32/IA32...
>
> I'm excluding the jdwp tests, because they hang for me part way through.
>
>  (a) Two Swing failures (old favorites)
>    BoxLayoutTest#testLayoutContainerVertical
>    BasicScrollBarUITest#testGetThumbBounds
>

>  (b) One failure in ScannerTest#test_hasNextLine_sequence
>
>  junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: expected:<2> but was:<1>
>  at
>  org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.util.ScannerTest.test_hasNextLine_sequenc
> e(ScannerTest.java:5709)
>
> This test is failing for me on 5.0M14 too.  It's working a bit better on
> this 6.0 candidate, but there is still a lurking issue here.
>
> I'll take a look but at this point I'm prepared to argue it's not a blocker.

Agreed.

> The JDWP hangs are more interesting right now.  Anyone else see the hang?

I see similar jdwp test issues as I did with earlier milestones[0].
There do seem to be problems though.  Such as, if I run:

  java  -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=y,address=localhost:9900 -showversion
HelloWorld

and then attach with:

  /ri/jdk/bin/jdb -attach 9900

If I enter 'run' at the prompt I see "Hello World" output but then that
process hangs.  It wouldn't surprise me if this and the problems you
are seeing are related.

I see the same behaviour on other recent milestones too.

Regards,
 Mark.

[0] That is occasional failures with java5 and more frequent but still
    intermittent failures on java6.