harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [testing] Java 6 branch results so far
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2010 17:39:20 GMT

In message <AANLkTi==aLqfNzr8fFwVnuQ0=3zagvk7bO83ViMvm1rV@mail.gmail.com>,
Catherine Hope writes:

> I also see the failures in the javac tests, simply running:
> >target/hdk/jdk/bin/javac HelloWorld.java
> shows the exception:
> Uncaught exception in main:
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> javax/annotation/processing/ProcessingEnvironment ...
>
> The problem seems to be from commit 979981 - Apply java6 patch from
> "[#HARMONY-6529] [jdktools]hdk javac only support compliance 1.5".
> When I revert the hard-coded compliance level back to 1.5 then I don't
> see the exception.

I'll revert that commit if a second committer agrees?  (Until HARMONY-6437
is completed.)

I'm guessing the test failures come from the new unit tests included
in a later merge, r984606, because I'm sure I would not have committed
without running the tests.  I suppose I should mention that since I
started doing single commit merges I no longer test merges unless they
have conflicts.

Regards,
-Mark