harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Lang Yang <yangl...@gmail.com>
Subject [GSoC] Progress Report
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2010 04:51:37 GMT
Hello guys,

Today is the pencils down date of GSoC program, and the final evaluation
will be started shortly. I’d like to take this chance to make a summary for
my project.

In this program, I have submitted 30 patches to complete the missing
functionalities in the ImageIO package (some of them are still waiting to be
committed, as Alexei, my mentor, is on vacation and has no access to
Internet).  Once these patches are merged to the trunk, all missing methods
listed on the JAPI comparison page, that are related to ImageIO package,
will be implemented. Some partially implemented functionalities were also
discovered after the mid-term evaluation, and right now they have already
been implemented. So I think from the perspective of completeness, it’s safe
to say that the package is completed.

I have also made a few contributions to the org.apache.harmony.imageio.*
plug-ins. The image format specification is a little bit troublesome though,
more research is needed in order to make more contributions about it.

Overall, it was quite an experience, I enjoyed the time that spent on this
project. Although I had encountered some problems, it’s your help that I was
able to resolve them. I learned a lot from this project. Thanks everyone who
helped me, especially my mentor – Alexei, a great mentor indeed. It’s really
rewarding to work with you guys.

My following plan is to take a break before school starts, and see what else
contribution I could do for Harmony. What are the conditions to become a
committer by the way? :-D

Thanks,

Lang