harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Gong <daniel.gong.fu...@gmail.com>
Subject [GSoC] My Progress Update
Date Sat, 07 Aug 2010 16:48:58 GMT
Hi all,

As the suggested pencil down date is coming and gsoc 2010 is approaching the
end, I'd like to summarize my work after the mid-term evaluation.

Before the mid-term evaluation, I've implementation the base code structure
of jdb and implement a few command. In the last progress update I also
mentioned that the original plan seems to be too idealistic (my fault).

I've divided the commands that jdb supports into two categories:

1. debuggee control: those commands that control the running of debuggee,
such as next, cont, run, stop, etc.
2. debuggee info display: those commands that display informations of
debuggee when it's suspended, such as threads, print, dump, etc.

and I decided that I should concentrate on the first category because it's
more important and related to the code structure. After the mid-term
evaluation, I've implemented several commands (stop in, clear, step, step
up, stepi, etc) of the first category. Unfortunately, most of them still do
not work well and that's why I still have no new patch. I need two or three
more days to fix the problem.

Thanks.

Best wishes
Daniel Gong