harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Deakin <oliver.dea...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][x-net] Creating a provider based on OpenSSL
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2010 19:59:43 GMT
  On 20/08/2010 18:26, Catherine Hope wrote:
> I've been working on SSLSocketInputStream, which currently reads bytes one
> at a time.  I've attached a patch to
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-6627 with an implementation of
> the read methods using OpenSSL calls and replaced the available call to use
> ioctl.

Thanks for the new patch Cath - I applied it with some modifications,
comments added to the JIRA.

> Currently when I run the x-net tests I have 2 failures and 11 errors.  With
> my fix the org.apache.harmony.xnet.provider.jsse.SSLSocketFunctionalTest
> gets a bit further - it's currently failing with a
> javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
> no shared cipher

I see the same failures. For the "no shared cipher" the cause is not
immediately obvious - from the list of available ciphers returned by
OpenSSL I would expect the ciphers used in this test to all succeed.
I'll add some debug to both sides of the connection and see if that
tells me anything.

> I've encountered some problems using the keytool to get some examples to
> work - these are raised under
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-6631 with a fix.

I think this would be a good issue to get fixed before the next
milestone - I'll try and get this applied before the code freeze.

Regards,
Oliver

--
Oliver Deakin